10 Days, 10 Ways is a new series for the Nutrition Adventures blog that will feature 10 recipes that fit into a similar category. In the spirit of all things heart healthy this month, the first 10 Days, 10 Ways is all about Oatmeal!! Oatmeal is a good source of soluble fiber, which has been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels in combination with a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
Oatmeal is a blank canvas that allows you to create new flavor combinations, so the “oatmeal is boring” excuse won’t fly any longer! Just check out my 10 creations and be inspired to invent something nutritious and delicious!
- Strawberry Yogurt: low-fat vanilla yogurt, strawberries, ground flax seeds, honey drizzle
- Tropical Morning: coconut milk, banana, golden raisins
- Cranberry-Walnut: dried cranberries, chopped walnuts
- Chocolate-Cherry: mini chocolate chips, dried cherries, chopped walnuts
- Zesty Blueberry: blueberries, orange zest
- Honey-Nut Oatmeal: almonds, walnuts, pecans, honey drizzle
- Elvis’s Oatmeal: peanut butter, banana, cinnamon
- Protein Power: low-fat cottage cheese, peaches, sunflower seed kernels
- Date Time: chopped dates, sunflower seed kernels
- Apple-Cinnamon: diced apple, cinnamon, honey drizzle