I sure do love peaches. And I think all of Nashville has fallen deeply, madly in love with peaches now that we have our trusty source, the Peach Truck.
I wrote a short piece about peaches and Nashville’s very own iconic green Jeep Peach Truck for Food and Nutrition magazine, so check it out and let me know how you’re enjoying peaches this summer! Have a happy 4th, y’all:)
Summer Peach & Cappicollo Salad
For the Vinaigrette:
4 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. fig balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. honey
For the Salad:
1 small white onion, diced
5 slices hot cappicollo, cut into ½ inch pieces
8 cups mixed spring greens
3 medium peaches, diced
1 oz. goat cheese
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
2. Place greens in a large serving bowl and top with peaches, goat cheese, and walnuts.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onions in 1 teaspoon olive oil for 3 minutes.
4. Add cappicollo pieces and sauté for 2 minutes
5. Add the cappicollo and onions to the salad while still hot, allowing greens to wilt slightly and the cheese to melt.
6. Drizzle with vinaigrette before serving.