Enjoy this gluten-free breakfast toast piled high with veggies during the busy work week or for weekend brunch!
Disclosure: I received free samples of BFree Foods products but was not compensated to write this post. As always, opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help make The Nutrition Adventure possible!
Hello Nutrition Adventurers! Get excited for the best breakfast toast ever AND a giveaway thanks to BFree Foods! This may be the best Monday ever.
My typical weekday breakfast consists of avocado toast topped with an over-medium egg and salsa. It’s quick, simple, and never disappoints. The other day, though, I had some butter lettuce from a local farm and some mushrooms that needed to be used, so my standard breakfast toast was improved upon.
A couple important notes about WHY this is the Best Breakfast Toast ever:
- The Lettuce—this was not just any old lettuce from the grocery store. This was crisp and flavorful, unlike most store-bought lettuce I’ve tried. If you can purchase lettuce from a local grower, I highly recommend it.
- MUSHROOMS—really, is there anything better than sautéed mushrooms? The umami flavor of the mushrooms combined with the scrambled eggs takes this toast to the next level.
- The Bread—when making breakfast toast (or a tartine, if we want to be fancy), the bread is your foundation so it has to be good. It needs to be sturdy, but not so thick and crusty on the outside that you can’t easily cut through it. I found a solid foundation for my breakfast toast in BFree Foods sandwich bread.
BFree Foods makes breads that are allergen-free (no gluten, wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, or soy). I don’t have a gluten intolerance or any other food allergies, so it isn’t imperative for me to eat gluten-free or avoid any of the other common allergens, which I am thankful. Working in the nutrition field and often being asked about suitable allergen-friendly products, though, I was happy to try some of the BFree products when they reached out. It’s good to know what quality products are out there so I can make recommendations when people ask!
Often I hear people complain about the texture of gluten-free breads, saying they’d rather just do without. Well, take it from this bread-loving-gluten-eater, BFree Foods has figured out how to make wheat-free and gluten-free breads not only taste great, but also have a great texture. That’s a big deal! I had a couple people try their products without telling them first they were gluten-free and they were pleasantly surprised!
You can find BFree Foods at Publix, Meijer, Smith’s, Stop & Shop, Safeway, & more.
Want to make the Best Breakfast Toast EVER? Read this post + learn more about @BfreefoodsUSA #ad Click To Tweet
BFree Foods Giveaway
BFree Foods was kind enough to provide a great sampling of a variety of their products to one lucky winner! The winner will receive one package of each of the following:
- Brown seeded rolls
- Soft white rolls
- Brown seeded hot dog buns
- Soft white hot dog buns
- Multi-seed bagels
- Plain bagels
- Soft white sandwich loaf
- Brown seeded sandwich loaf
- Multigrain Wraps
- Quinoa & Chia Seed Wraps
- Sweet Potato Wraps
- Pita Bread
Enter the giveaway using the form below. You can come back each day to enter again by tweeting about the giveaway. Entries accepted starting March 27th through April 14th at 12:00 am.
Thanks for checking out the recipe today and best of luck if you’re entering the giveaway! Have a great week 🙂